Lesson 3: Using Venn Diagrams
Students will be able to compare two elements from two different
fairy tales using a Venn diagram.
- Student fairy tale booklets.
- Magnetic Venn diagram circles.
- Draw Venn diagram circles on the chalkboard to illustrate how one
uses a Venn diagram by writing differences in "outside" circles, and
similarities in the common "inner" circle. Compare this to how such
diagrams are used in mathematics.
- Compare two elements of two fairy tales read thus far. Ask students
to generate answers.
- Students will read another fairy tale and, using the fairy tale booklet,
they will fill in the Venn diagram.
Students will be evaluated during the class discussion. Students
will also be evaluated according to their response in the fairy tale